It’s no extra information that for some months, Nigerians can’t journey to Dubai instantly from Nigeria. This due to the problems between Emirate Airline, the Nigerian and the UAE authorities.
In the previous couple of months, travelling to Dubai from Nigeria which was once very simple has hastily develop into a nightmare. To go on this journey, you’ll have to undergo different international locations and one of many best being Ghana and the Republic of Benin. It is because the 2 international locations are our closest neighbours.
I’ve learn a number of tales about totally different points individuals have had within the Republic of Benin and Ghana. One of many widespread tales was shared by Derende right here https://www.nairaland.com/6544747/30-days-sojourn-through-cotonou
Typically this month, A consumer contacted me to assist him course of a 3 months Dubai visa and likewise to plan his itinerary to Dubai by way of Benin republic. I processed the Dubai visa, booked the flight, then we headed straight to the Republic of Benin.
To chop an extended story brief, on his journey date, we bought to Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport. The Benin Airport is much less rowdy, much less congested and looking out nicely maintained. That was after I bought the shocks of my life. Firstly, the vast majority of the individuals going to Dubai from the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport have been Nigerians.
As we have been driving into the automotive park, I notice most people doing bureau de change are Nigerians. We modified some cash and headed straight to the departure.
I met a number of Nigerians on the ready space. You’ll virtually suppose it’s one other department of Murtala Muhammed Worldwide airport positioned in Lagos. Then the worst occurred, as we have been heading in, we noticed 4 Nigerians popping out, at first I believed they have been coming again. Solely to get to the queue and we have been informed they have been denied boarding. I bought extra curious, on additional investigation, I later bought to know that they backdated the date they bought in, not understanding that The republic of Benin had modified their stamp. Unlucky for them, they backdated with the brand new stamp.
Whereas on the Airport, I additionally noticed one other Nigerian who was arrested on the airport as a result of he was making an attempt to board with a pretend visa. I can’t consider somebody would strive to do this. I believe the particular person he paid gave him a pretend visa. He bought locked up for some days. That is actually painful.
Then the final set of Nigerians that have been rejected both have broken passports or Worldwide passport with an image that isn’t clear. The final units of Nigerians that bought denied have been individuals who bought late to the checking level.
Listed below are the main the explanation why you may get denied boarding on the Cotonou Airport.
Causes Why Individuals Have been Rejected
- Broken passport: Any passport with stains, an image that isn’t clear, broken on any a part of the information web page is automated rejection. Please keep away from any type of injury to your passport. The general public have been travelling with the identical passport in Nigeria with none situation. Somebody mentioned they’re doing it to frustrate Nigerians. LOL this I cant confirm but.
- Faux visa: Please all the time attempt to verify the validity of your passport.
- Faux stamp: Please make sure you all the time stamp on the border, don’t pay touts to stamp for you.
- Backdated stamp: YOu are speculated to spend 2 weeks minimal on the Cotonou Airport earlier than you’re allowed to journey.
- Expired covid 19 check: Please make sure you do your Covid 19 check on time so you may get the end result on time.
Issues to notice when visiting Dubai via the Republic of Benin
1. it’s essential to spend a minimal of two weeks within the Republic of Benin
2. To be on the protected facet, Ensure you stamp in Seme border slightly than Idiroko border, I heard so many individuals are having points at Idiroko once they arrive in Dubai.
3. Verify your Visa validity on-line.
4. Get to the airport at the very least three hours earlier than your flight
5. Do a VIP covid 19 check. You’re going to get your end result the identical day.
6. If you may get an agent that’s acquainted with the route that will help you out. It’ll prevent a number of cash in the long term.
7. Keep in a lodge that isn’t removed from the airport
8. Get acquainted with the terrain and an English talking cab driver. It’ll prevent a number of headache.
Please make sure you observe all Covid 19 protocols, please attempt to do the proper factor as a result of as soon as you’re caught they are going to make sure you face the regulation. Have you ever had the same expertise? Please share under.